Monday, May 5, 2008

'Music' by Joss Stone Feat Lauryn Hill


What's more fitting as my first post than this song? It's been out there for a while now but i only had it two months ago. I'm not a big fan of Joss Stone because most of the time she seems a little crazy and not quite with it, like she thinks she is re-incarnate of a 60s diva (lol! my mean streak). However, it is impossible for me to knock her talents as a musician and at the end of the day, isn't that what its all about...the MUSIC!


The song 'music' is off her third studio album, 'Introducing Joss Stone' and features Lauryn Hill. I love the tempo of the song and the lyrics pretty much describe how i would feel if it was suddenly pronounced that music is hence banished from the world...ok I wouldnt go as far as giving up my soul. I guess you could also interprete the lyrics as being about a person (i aint never been that high on anyone!). Some lines in the song also evoke thought about God and the way God feels towards us..."No limit to your mind/Your endless love is open/To every race and kind/Could it be your blood runs golden".


In an interview with VH1, Joss Stone said: "I really think that everybody goes through life looking for love in all the wrong places? in human beings. Unconditional love is impossible to get from a human being, but it's not impossible to get from music."


Listen to the track in the playlist in the sidebar.

No comments: